Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

1st Place!

On November the 28th we had our Athletics day, the events I participated in was long jump, high jump, sprints, discuss, shot put and long distance.   The little kids were doing  Athletics first, then after morning tea, we did the sprints.  I was getting nervous, and it was also really hot, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  We also had to line up in our age lines, so I would be against some really fast people.  After waiting for so long it was finally our turn.

1.Sprints
As I said it was finally our turn, the first row of girl lined up, I was on the second row, with 2 of my friends.  Then the starting blocks clapped the first row of girls went, my heartbeat was starting to raise. But then some boys had come and lined up, it was a good things because I needed to calm down a bit.  
I lined up and got ready, as soon I heard the loud clap, I sprinted as hard I can.  When I got to the finish line, i had just realized that I had come 2nd, a teacher had given me a block, and also told me to go to the table, where they were taking places.
I was getting excited because I was doing the finals, so we walked back to the starting line and got started on the finals.  When I got to the finish line a friend told me that I came 3rd place, of course I was very happy.  

2.High jump 
After sprints, we had some lunch and played for a bit, then it was time for Athletics to start, so again we lines up in our group lines.  We were on high jump first, I was lucky, that is because I was pretty good at doing high jump.  So we get started and after a few minutes, we had almost finished, Evelyn and I were trying to jump but we couldn't so it was a tie between Evelyn and I.  

3.Long jump 
Next was long jump, Evelyn and me lined up and got ready on our first try we got 2.70 meters, which was awesome.  So then we had a jump off, I was first I got 2.60 meters and Evelyn got 2.65.  So I got 2nd place.  After long jump we had rest.  

4.Shot put 
After we rested we had shot put, which wasn't my specialty but I tried my best.  

5.Long Distance
Next was long distance, we had to do 4 laps of the field.  It was time to get started, I jogged from the start but slowly come to the front, eventually after that I came first.  

6.Discuss
Lastly which is discuss, I was getting nervous, but I tried my best and had went to the finals.  So in the finals I had the number 6.  So when the teacher called the numbers out my number had called out.  I was so happy, I actually came 3rd place which was good. 

I had a fun and cool day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about