Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

SLJ 2020-2021: Your Comments Count

 Hi everyone! Welcome to another post, today I will be doing an activity for the Summer Learning Journey. For this activity, we had to do a quality comment on a student's blog and then post it on our blog. I decided to comment on a blog from Waikowhai Primary School in the Ako Hiko Cluster. After commenting we had to describe why our comment is a quality comment.


"Hi, Brittany! My name is Lyan and I from Hornby High School from the Uru Mānuka Cluster. I loved reading your blog post, it was very inspiring to read your chorus. The chorus was written very well and I especially liked it when you mentioned the subject of standing tall, I found it very motivating. When reading your chorus it reminded me of a poem I have read recently, which was called Stand Tall was written by Chrissie Pinney. 

Next time if you ever do this again, I would suggest decorating the picture up a bit so that it could attract more viewers to look at your blog. Other than that your blog post was a pleasure to read. I hope to see more quality blog posts in that future! Have a great day!"

Positive: For the comment, I started with a  greeting and then I talked about the blog post and talked about what It thought about the blog post. I also complimented her on how she had written her chorus. 

Thoughtful: I made a connection from the chorus to a poem I have heard about before.

Helpful: I gave her feedback on how I thought about her blogpost and gave her something she could improve on in future blogposts. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lyan,

    Thank you for sharing your awesome comment! I love that you highlighted the different parts of the text. I thought that was a great idea.

    I think it was great that you linked their work to a poem you have read. I love reading poetry so I could certainly relate to this!

    Did you know that all comments that are positive, thoughtful or helpful can receive points? Just remember to submit a link to your published comment using this form.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about