Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

My Special Gift

W.A.L.T:  Write a narrative



Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….


  • The title is suitable for the text.
  • The orientation tells who the story is about, and when and where the story happened.
  • The complication describes a problem and explains what happened next.
  • The resolution explains how the problem was solved.
  • Seeks feedback and makes changes to texts to improve clarity and meaning.


In Ako Ngatahi we had to write a narrative about a video. It was about a boy opening a present that was a dog with three legs. Here is the video of the present. I hope you enjoy my story.




My Special Gift

It was Saturday morning I just woke up from my amazing dream, I brushed my teeth and I took a bath.  I went downstairs to eat breakfast, “Mmm bacon and eggs.” I said. After I ate my breakfast I rushed downstairs to play my favourite game.  I closed the blinds because it was so bright.

I opened the t.v and started playing with my xbox, then my Mum came in with a box, “Darling would you stop playing and open the present.” she said.   She opened the blinds, It was really bright. I just realized that my mum had a new haircut and some new clothes.

Ring!!! Ring!! The phone is ringing.  My mum answered “ Hello!”  When she was gone I opened the box then suddenly a puppy popped out. The dog had a big black nose and a cute face, I picked him and I was really disappointed and angry for a moment there, because he had only 3 legs.

I threw the dog in the ground. Because I didn't want a dog that has three legs.  Then he saw a ball under a table he rolled it to me, but I kicked it to the box, the dog chased after it he crashed into the box he couldn’t see anything. He bumped  to the drawer near the T.V I kinda laughed because he was so silly and funny.

He brought the ball really quickly to me.  I realized that you don't have to perfect.  So I picked the ball and I grabbed my crutches and I put the ball in my pocket.  Me and my dog walked to the door and opened it and I said to my mum that me and my new dog were going outside. It was good to have a friends that was just like me.

I learnt to never judge someone by how they look.



3 comments:

  1. Amazing job, Lyan I like how you said I learnt to never judge someone by how they look. But next time you should have more detail about the mum.
    I love the post keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyan, I love the story but there were some sentences that didn't make sense like e.g "I realized that you don't have to perfect". But it was an amazing story keep up the good work and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lyan my name is manaia and i go to horny high school i really really
    like your blog and can you also comment on my blog plz thank you ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about